Tournament Rules C Fastpitch
C Tournament Rules
- Home team will be the official scorekeeper in all tournament games.
- Each team will need to supply a game ball per game. (Teams can purchase a game ball at tournament registration table for $6.00 per ball.)
- Pre-game conference and coin flip between managers and umpires will take place 5 minutes prior to the start of the game.
- No organized infield practice before the games. Teams may warm up beyond the baselines or in foul territory while infield is being prepared. No live batting practice is allowed on the field or in the complex at any time. Batting nets are allowed.
- Time limit for all games is 75 minutes. Time begins after the pre-game conference. Time limit could change in case of tournament interruptions. All teams should be prepared to start their game up to 10 minutes early in case we are ahead of schedule. (This will help the tournament keep on time)
- Once time has expired, the game will end if the losing team is trailing by the number of allowed runs per half inning +1.
- Regulation games will be defined by the type of game that it is. There will be three types of games played in the different formats that we will be using:
- Pool play: Games will be 7 innings or time limit. If the game is tied at the end of regulation, it will be declared a tie.
- Warm up games and all games in our 1-Day Events: Games will be 7 inning or time limit of 75 minutes drop dead. Games that are tied at the end of regulation will end in a tie.
- Bracket Play: Games will be 7 inning or time limit. Games that are tied at the end of regulation will use the ITB rule until a winner is declared.
- Run rules: 12 runs after 3 innings; 10 runs after 4 innings; 8 runs after 5 innings.
- Team manager may consult with the umpires; players, sponsors and other coaches are to keep out of discussions.
- No smoking or tobacco use on the field or in the dugouts.
- Roster Batting will be REQUIRED during the entire tournament. Due to us requiring roster batting, there are some additional rules that need to be clarified:
- Batter: If a batter cannot fulfill her time at bat due to injury or illness, that player will be eliminated from that entire game. Her spot will be skipped in the batting order. Teams will not be required to take an automatic out UNTIL they drop below 9 players.
- Runner: If a runner cannot continue her time on the bases, that player will be substituted with the last batter not on base. She will not be allowed to participate in the remainder of the game. The line-up will compress when her spot comes to bat.
- Ejections: A player ejection while roster batting will result in the team losing that player for the entire game. Her spot in the batting order WILL be an automatic out.
- Courtesy runner will be allowed for pitcher and catcher at any time. The courtesy runner will be designated as the last batter not on base.
- Teams can score a maximum of 5 runs per half inning for all ages.
- If an Illegal Pitch is called, the penalty will be ball awarded to the batter, with NO advancement of runners on base.
- Games will end at time limit if a team is down by more than 5 runs or what they are allotted left to score in that half inning.
- Teams my begin a game with 8 players. Teams may add any and all players to the end of the line-up. These players must listed on the line-up card submitted prior to the game. If the players are not present for their time at bat, their spot will be skipped until they arrive with no automatic out being charged (unless below 9 players).
- The following procedure will be used to determine the seedings after pool play:
i. If three or more teams are tied with the same record in a division, head-to-head may or may not be used to break ties.
ii. Once a level of tie-breaker is used, we DO NOT revert back to any steps of the tie-breaking procedure. We will continue on down the list until all ties are broken.
- Highest Winning Percentage (number of wins divided by number of games with a result)
- Most Wins
- Least Losses
- Head-to-Head Games
- Runs allowed per game
- Runs differential (+/- of 8 runs per game)
- Coin Flip
- If a team is playing an extra pool game, the runs allowed and the Win/Loss in that game will not count towards your total. However, the result of the game (win/loss) will be used in head-to-head consideration if a tie in pool play occurs.
- In case of a rain-shortened tournament, pool play games can be deemed official after 2 ½ innings of play (with home team winning) or 45 minutes of elapsed game time. This policy will only be used through pool play. In addition, if games are cancelled due to weather, there may be an adjustment in application of the tie-breaking procedures.
- All players will be asked to show the official stamp to the home plate umpire prior to taking her place in the batter’s box to hit. This process will take seconds and eliminate a pregame bat check for all participants as well as insure that all bats in use are meeting the current standards for fair play.
Special 10 & Under Rules Section
- On defense, 4 outfielders may be employed.
- There will be an expanded strike zone in place for 10U.
- For 10U, players may only advance one base per pitch on a ball not put in play by contact.
- Batters may not advance on a dropped 3rd strike.
- No Infield Fly Rule.
- THERE IS NO STEALING HOME. There are only 3 ways to score:
- Bases loaded walk.
- Bases loaded HBP.
- Batted ball in play.
© 2009-2023 Rockers Fast-Pitch Softball. All rights reserved. Powered by Calevir Web Design, Columbia, MO · WP Dashboard