2018 State Tournament Rules A/B/Open Fastpitch
A/B/Open Fastpitch Tournament Rules
- All games will be played by USSSA rules, with the following exceptions:
- State Level tournament – All players must be listed on the on-line roster.
- Home team will be the official scorekeeper in all tournament games.
- Each team will need to supply a USSSA game ball per game. (Teams can purchase a game ball at tournament registration table for $6.00 per ball.)
- Coin flip will determine HOME team.
- Time limit for all games is 75 minutes. Time begins at the coin flip. Time limit could change in case of tournament interruptions.
- All games may start up to 10 minutes before scheduled game time, including the first game of the day. (This will help the tournament keep on time)
- No organized infield practice before the games. Teams may warm up beyond the baselines or in foul territory while infield is being prepared. No live batting practice is allowed on the field or in the complex at any time. Batting nets are allowed.
- All games will be bracket play. Games will be 7 inning or time limit. Games that are tied at the end of regulation will use the ITB rule until a winner is declared.
- Run rules: 12 runs after 3 innings; 10 runs after 4 innings; 8 runs after 5 innings.
- Head Coach may consult with the umpires; players, sponsors and other coaches are to keep out of discussions.
- No smoking or tobacco use on the field or in the dugouts.
- Ejections: A player ejection while roster batting will result in the team losing that player for the entire game. Her spot in the batting order WILL be an automatic out.
- Courtesy runner will be allowed for pitcher and catcher at any time. The courtesy runner will be permitted per the USSSA rule book.
- Teams my begin a game with 8 players. If the additional players arrive after the start of the game, they will be handled in the following manner: Rulebook batting line-up: Teams may add a 9th player to the line-up. Any additional players will be designated as substitutes.
- In case of a rain-shortened tournament, pool play games can be deemed official after 2 ½ innings of play (with home team winning) or 45 minutes of elapsed game time. This policy will only be used through pool play. In addition, if games are cancelled due to weather, there may be an adjustment in application of the tie-breaking procedures.
- All players will be asked to show the official USSSA stamp to the home plate umpire prior to taking her place in the batter’s box to hit. This process will take seconds and eliminate a pregame bat check for all participants as well as insure that all bats in use are meeting the current standards for fair play.
© 2009-2021 Rockers Fast-Pitch Softball. All rights reserved. Powered by Calevir Web Design, Columbia, MO · WP Dashboard